Monday 19 October 2009

Feasters Chilli Dog: Not so chilly dog!


Name: Feasters Chilli Dog
Label: Premium smoked, no hydrogenated fat, microwave in 50 seconds
Cost: £1.60

The fish finger sandwich by Feasters wasn't the best I've ever had, I came to the conclusion that it may be cheaper to invest in the ingredients for the cost.

But upon a trip to my local Tesco I found Feasters do other products as well as chicken and beef burgers. So I decided to try out the hot dog alternative.

The bun was satisfyingly soft, the perfect texture in my opinion, the hot dog itself tastes like a hot dog so there's nothing wrong with it. And the tomato sauce included compliments the meat well. To add the sauce like it is displayed on the packaging, you'd have to cut a triangle out of the sachet and squeeze it on slowly.

In this case, the price tag is worth it. But yet again, it would work out cheaper to buy the ingredients separate and conjure up the meal yourself choosing exactly what kind of hot dog and bun you want to include. Because really you're buying this product for convenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment